Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Haji Lane rediscovered

Photobucket

Vintage dress from Dulcetfig
Ed and I hung out with a couple of kooky friends last Saturday and found ourselves in a cool new bar called Bar Stories at 57A Haji Lane. I craved for something refreshing and citrusy, so they recommended the Grapefruit Martini that was all I had asked for and then some. They were part furniture store, part bar - the kind of place I will henceforth bring alkie friends to in a heartbeat.
-
I used to visit Haji Lane every other month, always making a stopover at my favourite boutique - Soon Lee. This Saturday trip reignited my love for the tiny, nondescript lane. I went back on Tuesday to browse the stores and picked up a lovely vintage dress on a ridiculous offer. In addition to Bar Stories, a couple of other shops in the area are 'must sees'.
-
Salad Shop
25 Haji Lane
For home accessories and dresses
-
Dulcetfig
41 Haji Lane
For vintage dresses, accessories and cute clutches
-
Doinky Doodles
33 Bali Lane
For handmade dolls, laptop bags, handphone covers and all other random things
-
Piedra Negra
241 Haji Lane
Mexican food (ask for their deep fried bananas)
-
Bar Stories
57A Haji Lane
Cocktails and mocktails

No comments:

Post a Comment